Skip to main content

My Custom Mechanical 60% Keyboard Build

My Custom Mechanical 60% Keyboard Build


All the parts

 

1x PCB Stabilizer set (6.25 space) - $6
1x Royal Oak Glam 60% case (Black Walnut) - $78
Solder, Tools, Risers, Labor, etc.

Total: ± $300

(Other single switch types added as needed)

Testing the board

I had my helper do the work here. We needed to test the board before applying any solder.

Assembling

Add the stabilizers first

Add the plate (using a few switches as spacers)

Then add the rest


Solder solder solder...



And test again:




The casing

The casing I received did to have built-in risers:


So I added my own:




Then Assemble (using temporary spare GMK Carbon Cherry-profile keycaps):



Hmm... pretty.

And finally received my Chocolatier SA-profile keycap set!


Programming the GH60

The board is controlled by a ATmega32U4 microcontroller (version 1/2/3) and is programmed using a DFU bootloader. I needed to install libusb and use Easy AVR keyboard mapper, then configured my layout, functions, macros and layers:






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Firefox: Open diverted links in new background tab instead of new window

This has frustrated me for a long time... something I really liked about Opera. Go to 'about:config' url and set: browser.tabs.loadInBackground to true (should be already) browser.tabs.showSingleWindowModePrefs to true browser.tabs.loadDivertedInBac kground to true Then in advanced preferences is a new option: 'Force links that open a new window to:' can be used for immesdiate effect.

Compacting internal memory of SAP tables in ABAP.

How to force-free memory from deleted entries in internal tables in SAP ABAP, since the garbage collector won't touch these. This is only needed in rare occasions and/or when memory fragmentation needs to be avoided. This method will do it fast, and correctly: CLASS cl_demo DEFINITION . PUBLIC SECTION . CLASS - METHODS compact CHANGING ct_tab TYPE ANY TABLE . ENDCLASS . CLASS cl_demo IMPLEMENTATION . METHOD compact . FIELD-SYMBOLS : <lt_buffer> TYPE ANY TABLE , <lt_buffer_std> TYPE STANDARD TABLE , <ls_buffer> TYPE any , <ls_buffer_prev> TYPE any . DATA : ltr_buffer TYPE REF TO data , lsr_buffer TYPE REF TO data , l_kind TYPE c LENGTH 1 . " simple case: IF ct_tab IS INITIAL . FREE ct_tab . RETURN . ENDIF . CREATE DATA ltr_buffer LIKE ct_tab . DESCRIBE TABLE