Skip to main content

What a week-end.

Well, this week-end started off with a bang. First I had the EPI-USE year-end function: a dangerously silly-sounding theme of 50s, 60s and 70s. I had a shower and then took a nap, hoping beyond hope for fate to take a hand and cause me to oversleep and miss it. But then Aubrey phoned and chided me into going after all. (By that time I was already 30 minutes late, but found this not to be a problem since everyone else was).

Well, the party turned out to be entertaining, and I could at least squeeze out a "Jean Genie" from the Jukebox.

I left early (11pm) with some friends, and went to my place to watch "Princess Bride", chat some and watch some music videos, talk and drink coffee.

Got to bed at only 2am.

Saturday after I got back from the 'boere-mark' having bought loads of berries, I decided to clean out my place, and I practically got rid of half my furniture. I drove around like a crazy looking tor places selling leather couches, and finally went home. The evening I went to Menlyn shopping centre, and true to self, impulsively bought a neat 3-seater plush leather couch. Yummy... (will only get it in Feb. though) I felt so flamboyant, that afterward I went to dine (without a reservation!) at 'La Madeleine' with by best friend.

Sunday started with the holistic fayre (an essoteric fair) where I had my eyes examined by an Iridologist who likened me to a stud bull.... Hmm...

|         (__)                [@@]          ?  (__)  ?              (__)
| (oo) <=|^^|=> ? (oo) ? |\/|(oo)
| /-------VV /--------- \/ /-------\/ /--| \--\/
| / | || / | || / | || / | ||
|* ||----|| / | || * ||----|| * ||----||
| ^^ ^^ * ||------|| ^^ ^^ ^^ ^^
| ^^ ^^
| Cownt Dracula Francownstein Where Cow Cow bird
| Cow
-grin-

After the fair I got rid of most of my furniture with the help of Aubrey, after which I rushed to the gym and had a grueling session of squash (of which I lost 6 games out of 6)

Also quickly played 2 Go games against Riaan... one even, the other with 6 stones handicap... beat him both times by about 35 points.

Then went home and slept.

Well, nothing more to report...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Firefox: Open diverted links in new background tab instead of new window

This has frustrated me for a long time... something I really liked about Opera. Go to 'about:config' url and set: browser.tabs.loadInBackground to true (should be already) browser.tabs.showSingleWindowModePrefs to true browser.tabs.loadDivertedInBac kground to true Then in advanced preferences is a new option: 'Force links that open a new window to:' can be used for immesdiate effect.

Compacting internal memory of SAP tables in ABAP.

How to force-free memory from deleted entries in internal tables in SAP ABAP, since the garbage collector won't touch these. This is only needed in rare occasions and/or when memory fragmentation needs to be avoided. This method will do it fast, and correctly: CLASS cl_demo DEFINITION . PUBLIC SECTION . CLASS - METHODS compact CHANGING ct_tab TYPE ANY TABLE . ENDCLASS . CLASS cl_demo IMPLEMENTATION . METHOD compact . FIELD-SYMBOLS : <lt_buffer> TYPE ANY TABLE , <lt_buffer_std> TYPE STANDARD TABLE , <ls_buffer> TYPE any , <ls_buffer_prev> TYPE any . DATA : ltr_buffer TYPE REF TO data , lsr_buffer TYPE REF TO data , l_kind TYPE c LENGTH 1 . " simple case: IF ct_tab IS INITIAL . FREE ct_tab . RETURN . ENDIF . CREATE DATA ltr_buffer LIKE ct_tab . DESCRIBE TABLE

My Custom Mechanical 60% Keyboard Build

My Custom Mechanical 60% Keyboard Build All the parts   1x GH60 (Satan) board - $35 61x Cherry Clear switches  - $35 2x Cherry Blue switches - $3 10x Cherry Red switches - $10 1x PCB Stabilizer set (6.25 space) - $6 1x Royal Oak Glam 60% case (Black Walnut) - $78 1x Aluminium 60% plate - $19 1x SA profile Choclatier keycaps - $102 ( base, modifiers, and novelties ) 1x Braided Nylon USB cable - $15 Solder, Tools, Risers, Labor, etc. Total: ± $300 (Other single switch types added as needed) Testing the board I had my helper do the work here. We needed to test the board before applying any solder. Assembling Add the stabilizers first Add the plate (using a few switches as spacers) Then add the rest Solder solder solder... And test again: The casing The casing I received did to have built-in risers: So I added my own: Then Assemble (using temporary spare GMK Carbon Cherry-profile keycaps):